What it is: An advanced-strength retinoid serum that delivers a six-and-a-half percent solution of stabilized retinoid blends and botanical retinol-alternative extracts into the skin.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Dark Spots, and Dullness and Uneven Texture
- Retinol Ester: Helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines, and promotes clearer skin without the drawbacks of retinol.
- CoQ10: May improve the appearance of aging or UV-exposed skin for a healthier-looking, balanced complexion.
- Hawaiian White Honey: Pro-skin humectant, rich in phytonutrients.
Ingredient Callouts: Free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, and contains less than one percent of synthetic fragrances. This product is also cruelty-free and gluten-free.
What Else You Need to Know: A+ High-Dose Retinoid Serum combines a five percent retinoid ester blend, one percent liposomal-encapsulated retinol blend, and a half percent blue green algae with natural retinoid-alternative activity. This serum fights the signs of aging and improves the look of congested and UV-damaged skin. Encapsulated CoQ10 helps to improve the appearance of aging or damaged skin, while Hawaiian white honey, bisabolol, cactus extract, and ginger balance and soothe the skin for a calmer, more even-toned complexion.
New to retinoids? Start using A+ two nights a week, and then take two nights off. Gradually work your way up to every other night, and then every night.
Clinical Results: In an independent blinded study of 102 women, after 4 weeks:
- 90% of women saw boosted skin radiance
- 90% agreed the product was gentler than other facial retinoid serums used in the past
After 6 weeks:
- 96% of women felt the product was effective in their addressing skin concerns
- 92% of women felt the product was gentle and non-irritating
- 86% of women saw a reduction in the appearance of sun-damaged skin
- 84% of women saw a reduction in the appearance of dark spots
- 82% reported that their skin tone looked more even
- 80% felt that their lines looked smoother
-Apply two or three pumps in the evening to clean, dry skin.
For new retinoid users:
-Use two days on, two days off.
-Work your way up to every other day, then to daily, evening use.
-Follow with a hydrating oil or moisturizer, like Juno.
-Use an AHA serum, like Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment, on alternate nights to sweep away dead skin cells.
For sensitive skin:
-Apply a hydrating oil, like Juno Antioxidant Superfood Face Oil, or moisturizer before applying A+ Serum.